Filter Roast – Nestor Lasso Caturra Chiroso
- WEIGHT: 200 g
- PROCESS: Washed | Anaerobic
- VARIETIES: Caturra Chiroso
- ALTITUTE: 1700 – 1850 masl
- FARM: El Diviso – Pitalito, Huila
- FLAVORS: Lime, Lemon Verbena
This Summer you can’t miss a unique Specialty Coffee, a floral and citrusy cup , processed from one of the best Colombian Coffee Producer. This coffee comes from 24 year old producer Nestor Lasso and the El Diviso farm. The farm covers an 18 hectare area comprised of 15 ha of coffee and 2 ha of forest area. The farm carries great diversity of varietals, currently home to Caturra, Colombia, Castillo, Tabi, Pink Bourbon, Red Bourbon, Yellow Bourbon, Bourbon Ají, Caturra Chiroso, Geisha, Sidra, Java, Pacamara. Nestor is using fully washed, semi washed and natural methods and uses parabolic dryers as well as raised African beds and some mechanical drying. 80,000 coffee trees grow here at a range of 1700-1850 metres.
- Floating process in order to select the best cherries only (fully ripe).
- 16 hour oxidation in cherry between 22 and 30 degrees Celsius.
- Anaerobic fermentation in plastic cans for 38 hours at 16-18 Celsius.
- The coffee is moved to open fermentation tanks for 6 hours where the leachates are collected so they can be used further on.
- The coffee is pulped.
- Oxidation process in mucilage for 6 hours.
- Water and the leachates collected in step 4 are added to the coffee to begin a 24 hour submerged fermentation at 32 degrees Celsius. The mix is occasionally stirred so the mix is homogenous.
- Thermal shock: the coffee is washed with water at 65-70 Celsius to finalize the fermentation phase.
- The coffee is moved to parabolic drying systems for 18-24 days until 11% moisture is reached, where the maximum temperature is 30 degrees Celsius.
- V60 dripper
- Water Temperature 95 degrees C
- Ratio : 1:16 (15g ground coffee to 240g of water)
- Pour water every 30 seconds
- First Pour 45g
- Second Pour 65g
- Third pour 65g
- Fourth pour 65g
- Swirl and tap
- 2.30 min total time
Recommended water “ Tesco Ashback”
Recommended dripper material “ Plastic”